- Maintains all payroll general ledger accounts by preparing reconciliations and analytical reviews performing account analysis and accounting entries applying final approval on semimonthly payroll expenditures tax withholdings and other deduction journal voucher postings to the financial accounting system
- Apply final approval of all automated and manual payments for garnishments FICA state and federal withholdings deductions for savings bonds credit unions and any other payroll withholding.
- Monitors payroll general ledger budget personnel cost line items by coordinating with department personnel when budget transfers are required coordinating with budget office to payroll related accounts providing information and answering all budget related questions.
- Assists the supervisor by processing employee payroll paying taxes making deposits for withholdings transmitting direct deposits preparing employers quarterly tax return coordinating with departments to ensure proper payments processing garnishments tax liens bankruptcies and child support annual W-2 reporting cash advances and duplicate checks and performing duties in the absence of supervisor.
- Assists in the operation and management of the payroll system by recommending payroll process improvements coordinating the development and maintenance of the automated payroll/general ledger interface monitoring policies and procedures.
- Train payroll personnel working with Information Systems regarding payroll enhancements and performing testing to protect the accuracy and integrity of payroll information and system.
- Coordinate and monitor activities in the Payroll Agency Fund by preparing payroll year-end work papers for external auditors preparing year-end journal entries adjusting entries and accruals preparing financial reports and statements coordinating payroll audit activities with internal and external auditors.
- Processes payments by calculating workers compensation payments and supplements for temporary workers compensation employees and working with risk management and operating departments to determine leave and continuation of payments.
FPSJobsIndiana.com, for jobs in Indiana and the entire Midwest. FPSJobsIndiana.com is a career site, where employers can post jobs and search for jobseeker resumes, and jobseekers can search and apply to jobs.