The Budget Analyst will certify expenditures in accordance with established budgets and reviews proposed legislation and/or policy changes to determine financial impact and/or establishes accounting procedures on new policies/procedures in line with legislative/policy requirements
- assists in preparing planning implementing and monitoring/review of assigned allocations and in preparing/prepares variety of state and/or federal financial reports/analysis (e.g. prepares and/or reviews projections/forecast models for program are - prepares variances between actual and expected expenditures through use of comparative data over time
- prepares regression models - directs/oversees preparation of and/or prepares models for long range projections of surpluses/deficits and determines appropriate action to be considered - prepares pass-through subsidy allocations
- prepares monthly and quarterly reports and/or controlling board requests - reviews written narratives and explanations of costs methodologies for quarterly and annual cost allocation plan - prepares projections and analysis for annual and biennial budgets
- assists with developing the biennium agency budget and evaluating/monitoring of budget implementation to include periodic reporting to senior management) and conducts studies/review of unit activities to improve efficiency and ensure compliance
- operates microcomputer to prepare/generate reports and statistical/quantitative analysis - in Ohio department of transportation prepares monitors and analyzes funding scenarios for departmental highway construction budget assists deputy director of finance in formulation and implementation of highway capital construction program budget.
-develops coordinates and/or provides training to departmental staff and/or recipients for subsidy programs concerning budgeting and fiscal control and attends internal/external training sessions and conferences and reads to remain current on regulations policies and other issues (e.g. latest budget trends - philosophies) affecting assigned operations
- serves as liaison with office of budget and management legislative budget office administrative officials other federal and state agencies and/or organizations regarding fiscal/budgetary matters and acts in absence of immediate supervisor when assigned - responds to inquiries relative to audit findings and other fiscal/budgetary matters.