Initiation and implementation of the Infection Control standards and coordinate services and performs functions of the registered nurse in the Employee Health Department
- Ensure compliance with the Department of Health and Joint Commission regulatory requirements
- Conduct pre-employment assessments administers immunizations as needed coordinates annual PPD testing and assesses patients who have been exposed to communicable diseases. Other responsibilities include: Directing strategies to reduce healthcare associated infections
- Perform surveillance and calculate rates for critical care units - Report quarterly and annual infection rates
- Create and review hospital and departmental infection control policies and procedures - Provide continuing education for all departments in regards to infection prevention and control and epidemiology activities
- Investigate outbreaks or clusters of nosocomial infections. Organize implement and evaluate hospital wide infection surveillance activities. This role has dedicated secretarial / clerical support. This role reports to the Director of Ambulatory Care.
Requirements: - 2+ years progressively related experience with in-depth knowledge of acute care infection prevention and control policies and procedures - Management level experience preferred - Certified in Infection Control (CIC) highly preferred - Excellent statistical analytical and interpersonal skills
• EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Science (BSN) required Masters Degree preferred - Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of Texas or eligible required
MyNEXXTJob.netfor jobs in Healthcare or Biotech. Search for and post jobs in nursing, physician, medical technology, insurance, medical facilities, information technology, construction, laboratory and administrative jobs.